May 25, 2012

Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact VS Coloressence Compact- REVIEW



Today I am going to review the two compact powders that I recently purchased online.  I am not quite a fan of compacts however, I thought I do need a good powder to set my face for the day since I have a combination skin.  I purchased both these products at www.medplusbeauty.com. This is how the duo looks like.
 
                                                 

My take on the compacts:
The texture of both the powders is very soft.  Lakme Radiance has a bit sheer in it (probably because it states radiance on it) and I didn’t realize until I used it.  Coloressence on the other hand gives matte effect which is suitable for my skin type.
What I have observed is that the Lakme powder not only gives sheer to the face but also it make your skin appear white after an hour or so, and it tends to looks odd on people with yellow undertone or olive skin tone. On the other hand, Coloressence powder sets my face very well because of the mattifying property and stays longer than Lakme.

                                  
                                                        

Pros:
Lakme radiance-   
1)                 Goodness of multi-minerals.
2)                 Vitamin B3
3)                 SPF 20
Coloressence-
1)     Well mattifying and long lasting.
2)     100% vegetarian.
3)     No animal ingredients or testing.
4)     Good color range.

Cons:
Lakme Radiance-
1)                 Sheer effect. People with oily/ combination skin might not like it.
2)                  Does not stay for long.
Coloressence-
1)                 Cannot think of any, guess it does justice to the price it comes for.

Where to shop:
They are easily available at stores or can be found on online shopping portals. I got mine from www.medplusbeauty.com

Price:
Lakme Radiance Compact- INR 150 for 8 g.
Coloressence Compact- INR 110 for 10 g.

Which one will I repurchase?
Definitely coloressence because of the quality it offers at such an affordable price.

Average Rating:
Lakme Radiance Compact- 2.5
Coloressence- 4


~Love

No comments: