June 12, 2012

Faces Canada Smoky Eyes Set: REVIEW

     I’m soooo excited!!!!! yipeeeee!!! I finally received my product today through mail and just couldn’t wait to open it and try the things. I wanted to get this smoky eye set, ever since I saw it at my friend’s place.  I got mine from www.urbantouch.com for INR 950/- , the actual MRP price on it is 999/-. This is how the kit looks like;

                                                        


      I am very impressed with the packaging. It looks like a book, sort of an ELF beauty book. Inside the kit the products are well organized which looks attractive. Actually, I think it’s great for travelling too so that you don’t have to carry tons of different products for eyes. This kit has all the essentials and can be a perfect pack for day and night eye makeup.  Moving on to the REVIEW!!! This is a bit long post so please bear with me.
     
      1)     Cream Eyeshadow- Black



Net Wt. 6 g

The color is deep dark black which I am happy about as I had bad experience with color black in the past.L Extremely creamy and silky texture, makes the color glide easily on the lids. You can use a brush or works great with fingers too. It’s not at all scented which I hate in my makeup. I can’t stand that chemical smell at all.  In fact none of the products from this kit are scented. Yayyyy!!!
Ok. So I am very happy with this cream shadow, however, it does not last long on its own. It needs help of a primer.

Rating:  4/5

      2)     Eye pencil- Black and Brown



Net Wt. 1.13 g each

These pencils are fair enough too. The smooth and soft texture makes it very easy to glide. I actually heard bad comments for these pencils through my friends but, those were the white ones in appearance. The one that I got in this kit are black and brown in appearance and color. They work very well. Probably they might have changed now because of bad the reviews. J Anyways, I am happy with their performance. They last for couple of hours. I could not use the black one on my waterline though. It was not irritating but just could not get the color out of it on the waterline. May be they are supposed to be used as eye liners only. Here’s the swatch:



Rating: 4/5

          3)     Metaliglow Eye Primer:




Net Content 8 ml.

This looks like a WOW! Primer to me. It’s very silky in texture. The best part is it doesn’t irritate my lids; otherwise, I always have a tough time finding makeup that doesn’t irritate or break me out. It has shimmer in it which gives a nice look to the eyes. I am not sure about the staying power yet because I haven’t tried it. Hope it won’t be disappointing. Overall it looks interesting, performance will be judged later.

Rating:  3/5

    4)     Mascara- Volumizing and Lengthening:





Net Wt. 7 g
This is the second best product of the kit (first best will come later). I absolutely love this mascara. It’s been true to its words of volumizing and lengthening. It not only gives good volume to the lashes but also, gives a lengthening effect. This is a recommended product for people with small lashes or people who want to add some extra volume. I would definitely repurchase this if they would sell it individually.

Rating: 4/5

     5)     5 Eyeshadow Palette:





Net Wt. 7 g

     This is a super cute palette with 5 beautiful colors in it. They are very pigmented just as I expected them to be. This palette alone can be used for a variety of looks, from simple everyday to clubbing night outs. The first color form the left is kind of champagne, which looks great alone or can be used as a highlighter.  The second and third can be used for a smoky eye look. The fourth is my favorite which is a pretty pink. I use it for my everyday makeup. The fifth is also an interesting color, kind of purple/grey... I don't know how to describe it but it looks amazing. It can be used for everyday or smoky makeup.

     Overall it’s a great palette for different types of looks. I have a lot of fun playing around with the colors. I am not sure how long it stays without a primer, but I have used it with a primer and it’s not at all disappointing. This is my first palette from faces and it is definitely making me want more.

Rating: 5/5

     6)     Eyeshadow Brushes:

              
   

    Honestly, I am a bit disappointed with these brushes. I neither could understand the shape nor the use of it. It’s kind of fluffy and rectangular/oval shaped. I may try to use them for spreading the eyeshadow or blending in the crease.  Not sure. I need some suggestions on this.

Ratings: confused/5

Verdict:
All together it’s a fantastic deal. Rather than purchasing individuals from different brands the total cost of them goes higher than this kit. Its worth a try.


Will I repurchase the kit?
Yes, I would because most of the products worked pretty well for me.


~love





No comments: